What causes stomach pain,belching,fatigue,muscle weakness and low ibido?

Hello, I was diagnosed with h-pylori several months ago and completed the second treatment in late Nov. 2013, just had a stool antigen test for h-pylori and the results came back neg. for h-pylori, parasites, fungi and yeast, I have been on probiotics and herbs to help digestion and reduce my symptoms of such bad discomfort. Symptoms are burning pain in stomach and into esophagus, belching, a tremor feeling in my stomach after eating, fatigue, muscle weakness, low or no libido, not able to produce erections. I realize it will take time to heal this as this was misdiagnosed from around two years ago. Apparently the libido and ED is a direct correlation as I have felt this way for at least two years ago, it is just that it has really intensified in the last 8 months. Can you tell me anything I could do to help this get better?
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, are you taking any thyroid supplements? Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms. The majority of symptoms that you have described are ore suggestive of an acid reflux disease than H. pylori infection. I will suggest that you get evaluated for this reflux and managed accordingly. This is because, though you tested negative for h' pylori, it does not mean you do not have acid problems. and this condition is clearly not caused by H. pylori and I will like to see you taking something for it. Omeprazole alongside lifestyle modifications would be very helpful. Your low sex drive and fatigue symptoms are suggestive of a low functioning thyroid. Hashimoto thyroiditis is a major risk factor for hypothyroidism. If you are not receiving any treatment for this or you are on treatment, I will like your TSH levels to be evaluated. Tis will give us an immediate idea on whether you have this problem or not. I will suggest you pay a visit to your primary care doctor. Bring to his attention my suspicion of hypothyroidism and acid reflux disease for him to investigate and confirm or rule out. Depending on the findings, specific treatment options would be proposed to help you get over these troubling symptoms and improve your quality of life. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What causes stomach pain,belching,fatigue,muscle weakness and low ibido? 40 minutes later
I have been taking thyroid meds for 8 years now, my last TSH was done 2 months ago and the level was at .4 on a range of .3 to far as acid reflux disease I have been taking omeprazole 40 mg and it has not helped these symptoms. I have been seen by many physicians and did many tests and all of these symptoms have actually gotten worse since the treatment for h pylori. I do know that h pylori causes damage to the lining of the stomach(mucosa) and doesn't that have anything to do with pain in the abdominal area? Back to the lack of sexual desire and ED I said before these symptoms have intensified more in the last eight months since I was diagnosed with an h-pylori infection and gastritis.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this follow up precision. I understand that you have been treated for possible acid reflux using omeprazole and the results have not been great. This is the first line of management and if this should fail, then other measures like surgical correction are strongly considered. H. pylori would cause pain in the abdomen. However you have been treated for this and your symptoms have not improved. More so, these symptoms are more suggestive of reflux. If you have not been seen by a gastroenterologist, I will strongly recommend that you see one. Also, if you have not had a tube inserted through the mouth into the stomach to look, it should also been done. It is logical for symptoms of low sex drive to intensify with worsening symptoms.Of course, we need good health before we can dare to think and indulge in sexual activities. With a worsening health, this would most likely get worse. I am sure it would very much improve when your health is restored. Your numbers for TSH are good and I don't think you need any further aggressive measures in this direction. In all: 1. I maintain reflux but think you should be investigated and considered for surgical correction if need be. Also, get an upper endoscopy done to look directly int the stomach and esophagus. 2. A gastroenterologist would be the best person to talk with. 3. Be open about it, put forward my reasoning and suggestions so that he must address them before saying NO and not completely ignoring them. 4. Keep me updated! I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.