What causes soreness in the tip of penis?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, I am an uncircumsized guy, the tip and head of my penis is sore, particularly when I pull the hood of my penis back. Do you have any ideas of what I may be experiencing ? Chris
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. From the description, it looks like you have developed a fungal infection of the glans which is fungal balanitis. However, I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesion in order to reach a final diagnosis. Please click some close up pictures of the exact skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Also please tell since when do you have these lesions.? Any history of outside contact? Any lesions in the partner? Have you been evaluated for diabetes? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the pictures and the above details. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What causes soreness in the tip of penis? 3 hours later
Hi Thanks for the reply, I have sent photo's to YYYY@YYYY . I have not been tested for diabetes, however I monitor my sugar intake and it is not excessive.

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection glans Detailed Answer: Hi again The pictures are not that clear but what I could make out is that you seem to have developed a fungal infection of the glans penis. You need to apply a topical antifungal cream like canestan cream over the affected area twice a day. Do not apply any other cream or oil over the affected area. Just clean the area with lukewarm water twice a day and apply the medicine. Dr Geetika Paul.

Follow-up: What causes soreness in the tip of penis? 14 hours later
Hi Is there an tablet (oral form) of medicine I can take as well to kill the fungus ?

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Fungal balanitis Detailed Answer: Hi again You can take tablet fluconazole 150 mg once a week for two weeks . This means that you have to take two tablets at weekly interval. Dr Geetika Paul