What causes sleep cycle distortion?

I am experiencing sleeping disordering from past 3 months. Initially I thought it is just normal and I started taking naps during evening time. But now, I am having quite difficulty. Even after going to bed 1:00 A.M., I mostly stay awake until 4 A.M. I searched about it over the internet and I think I have 'Delayed sleep phase disorder'. The symptoms are following : 1. I am having difficulty falling asleep at night. 2. My sleep feels light, fragmented, or exhausting. 3. I feel sleepiness and low energy during the day
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Sleep cycle distortion(Delayed sleep phase disord) Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Based on the description provided, I too suspect you to have Sleep cycle distortion (Delayed sleep phase disorder) which can be tackled. Though it is difficult to get rid of this problem, I suggest you to avoid sleeping in the day and have a active conscious by concentrating on work. There are many other effective management modes but taking medications like Melatonin will surely help in short duration. Wish you good health. Regards,