What causes sharp pain through lower colon while passing stool?

For several weeks I have had sharp pain as the stool id passing through my lower colon. This morning it was so sharp it woke me up. I sometimes have constipation, but Colace has helped. Now I feel like I always need to go.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It could be colitis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum. You have a history of breast cancer, hypo thyroid, high B.P, diabetes, arthritis, and back problems scoliosis, and stenosis.using oral medicines. You are aged 68 years, now you are suffering with pain in the colon area during bowel movement. Now you feel like always need to go. You had constipation but cleared by colace. As you describe it appears to be due to the infection of the colon. May be the amoebic colitis, or some abnormality in the colon. You may need to have colonoscopy, so i advise you to consult a gastro enterologist for diagnosis and treatment. Avoid taking spices, junk foods, and oily foods,to avoid the irritation of the gut. . Wishing fora quick and complete recovery. Thank you.
Follow-up: What causes sharp pain through lower colon while passing stool? 13 hours later
Thank you Doctor. I appreciate your advice and will call my Dr after the Holiday.
Answered by Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha. 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Thanks for reply. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for reply. Still be careful about the health.You should be careful about the gut, avoid untimely foods, spices, etc. Wishing for a good health. Thank you.