What causes retention cyst in sinuses?

ENT Specialist
I have a retention cyst that started in the maxillary sinus to the ethmoid sinus and now there is an extension to the frontal sinus. Im thinking of having my tooth pulled out because I believe this is the culprit. What do you think?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: CT needs to be discussed with doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Retention cyst in sinuses is usually due to blockage in the drainage of sinuses. A tooth can be a culprit but usually the presentation is different and dentigerous cysts instead of the typical retention cyst is the presentation. The diagnosis must have been made with a CT. If the CT shows blocked osteo-meatal complex area, the chances of problem in nose is more than the dental. Please discus with your doctor. Feel free to ask another query. Regards