What causes redness and pain in arm?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My right arm next to the elbow on the inside started hurting two days ago, I could lift my arm and move it sideways but when I tried to put it straight down it was tremendously painful...also when I did things like eat it seems to be a little red above and below the place where it started....but it feels 50 percent better except when I touch the area mentioned. Help
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get x-ray of right elbow done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query and seen the attached image. You should get your x-ray of right elbow done in AP and Lateral view. Then send me the report or discuss it with your doctor. Your doctor would do your physical examination. Only then your diagnosis can be made. Till then you can take 1 tablet aceclofenac + serratiopeptidase in morning, afternoon and evening by discussing it with your doctor. You should not do heavy weight lifting with right upper limb. Try to provide rest to right upper limb. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask any health related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.