What causes postcoital bleeding?

Infertility Specialist
I had an ablation five years ago . Recently I had some light bloody discharge after sex . It was oly on toilet tissue once but when I placed a tampon inside it still had a little blood on it , ths has happened three times . Is this Mormon and what hold I do next .
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: examination Detailed Answer: Hi Postcoital (after sex ) bleeding could be due to cervical erosion. That is a small wound the neck of womb called cervix. Hence it needs to be examined by a gynecologist to rule out cancer cervix or erosion. Pap smear needs to be done. Other possibility is minor vaginal trauma during sex. This heals slowly by itself and not a problem. Dont have sex for another month. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol