What causes pain under left clavical after eating spicy foods?

what causes pain under left clavical after eating spicy foods?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be due to gastritis or hiatus hernia. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The symptoms which you have described can occur possibly be due to acute gastritis, peptic ulcer disease or hiatus hernia (in this a part of the stomach goes above the diaphragm – the muscular partition of chest and abdomen). You need to have an upper GI endoscopy to rule out the possibility of peptic ulcer disease and hiatus hernia . It makes sense to consult a gastroenterologist for the same . Drugs like omeprazole and antacids along with prokinetic drugs like domperidone/itopride should help you in improving the symptoms. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL