What causes pain in the rectal area?

General Surgeon
Question
I started having a strange pain in my rectal area about two weeks ago and for almost a week now whenever I poop their is blood filling the toilet and on the toilet paper when I wipe. It doesn't have to be a large bowel movement, even really small loose stool still has so much blood in the toilet I don't see any clear water and blood on the toilet paper. Their is no blood in my panties however.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: looks like hemorrhoids to me Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. Your symptoms looks like hemorrhoids to me. But for confirmation, you need to see a surgeon for a physical examination by proctoscopy. The treatment then will be based upon the findings as to the severity and number of hemorrhoids you have...smaller ones can be managed with medicines...larger ones will require either banding or sclerotherapy or excision. Hope, that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, I will be glad to answer them. Regards, Dr. Ashish Verma