What causes pain in the left side of my jaw?

Hi Doctor, I have pain on left side of my jaw/ neck. It isn't a show stopper but a slight pain that keeps on. What may be the issue, Regards, XXXX
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later
Brief Answer: TMJ dyfunction Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Pain in the jaw joint and around it could be due to a Temporomandibular disorder. It may affect on both sides, I suspect it to be in the initial stage hence affecting only one side. You may have to consult a Oromxillofacail surgeon to get examined and identify the exact cause for the pain and plan a management as early as possible as its in its early stages. Meanwhile you can take Tab Motrin 400mg to get rid of the pain not more than two per day after food. regards,