What causes pain between shoulder blades and olive green stool?

I'm having pain between my shoulder blades and my stool has been olive green with partially digested food. This has been going on for 10 days. I'm very worried these are symptoms of pancreatic cancer. I am 58 years old.
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Probably you are facing stomach viral infection... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with XXXXXXX The pain between your shoulder blades could be related to: - spondyloarthrosis - pancratic/liver problems - chest/lung/heart problems. Your olive green stool indicate for indigestion and that your feces are moving very fast through your bowels most probably due to a recent stomach bug you had. Another reason could be related to something you have eaten (including green leaves-spinach, food coloring, iron supplement you might be taking, any drug like indometacin, etc.) If there was no change or such foods introduced in your diet; then, further tests are needed: - chest X-ray - EKG - cardiac echo - abdominal ultrasound - liver/pancreatic enzymes and tumor markers - examination of stool for ova/parasites - culture of stool for bacteria/candida - fecal occult blood testing Depending on the test results, the most appropriate treatment will be prescribed. Meanwhile, I suggest to: - take tasectan and probiotics to stabilize intestinal flora - take acetaminophen for the pain - apply warm clothing to the pain area - drink more water If no result, further evaluations should be carried out. All the best! Dr.Klerida.