Shooting pain in the upper abdomen in the center. Having farting, belching. Both smelly. Passes green stools. What could be wrong?

Hello, Asking for my husband. He yesterday he had sharp shooting pains in his upper abdominal area, right below his chest . Today he has the same pains but they are a bit lower. Right in the center, not to either side. He s been cold and he s been sweaty. He has ridiculous amounts of gas, coming out both ends. His belches smell and are really loud and long. He has not vomitted and he has not had diarrhea , and is not nauseated. He just told me right now that he has green stool but we did have kale chips two days ago so it may be from that. Do you have any idea what might be the problem? Thanks so much for any help!
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013