What causes numbness in my hands and face?

I an getting numbness in both hand and both arm and little in face my eyes are starting to hurt from it Could it be a amxiety attack
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Gourav Monga 1 hour later
Anxiety attacks usually are panic attacks caused by intense anxiety associated with impending doom. However i can tell you better if you give more details. Regards Dr Gourav Monga Consultant Psychiatrist Brief Answer: Consult a neurologist/psychiatrist Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health Care Magic Numbness in extremities can be due to - 1) Neuropathy (Trauma, Diabetes, Alcoholism and many more) 2) Anxiety disorder 3) Drug related Consult a neurologist for detailed examination and nerve conduction studies. If everything comes out to be normal and medical illness is ruled out, then consult a psychiatrist for management of anxiety disorder. Wish you good health. Hope i have answered your query. If you don't have further clarifications, close the answer and leave a review. Regards Dr Gourav Monga Consultant Psychiatrist