What causes mustard colour diarrhea after taking high Vitamin C dose?
User rating for this question
I have taken high does of vit c to do a vit c flush and now have green to mustard colour diarrhea.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Its a temporary problem Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Vit C is a water soluble vitamin and no matter how much you take it, it will come out through stools or urine and it will have no residuum in the body. Your mustard color stool could be a side-effect of Vit C excess dosage but this adverse drug reaction is mostly temporary and self remitting. You need not do anything as of now. However do get yourself examined if the problem persists beyond 7 days. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- Recurring uti taking alprim is the medicine correct
- Took two dolo 650 will it cause any harm
- Enlarged cervical lymph nodes painful shoulder
- What causes diarrhea after taking aloevera
- Laser cervical ectropion post healing
- What causes diarrhea after taking probiotics
- Is there are any drug interactions between slimquick and yaz
- Tenderness when sitting cervical ectropion
- Vitamin c yellow diarrhea
- Cervical erosion homeopathic repertorium
- Took expired anadin and cafeine capsule what are the risks
- What causes diarrhea immediately after taking food
- Cervical polyp removal side effects
- What causes diarrhea after eating
- What are the side effects of taking mtp kit