What causes large swollen lump on the inside of the vagina?

Mar 2016

i have just found a large swollen soft lump just on the inside of my vagina you can see it in a mirror it is almost protruding from me
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: BARTHOLIN CYST NEEDS TO BE RULED OUT. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. According to your information, large swollen soft lump may be Bartholin cyst. It is located on the lower labia majora and protruding from vagina. It is typically one sided and painless. Sometimes it is painful if it gets infected. Small bartholin cyst needs NO treatment. But if cyst is large enough, you may need to get it drained out by doctor. Marsupialisation is the surgical procedure of choice for treating bartholin cyst. Alternatively, if it causes local discomfort and dyspareunia (painful coitus) then a warm bath or a heat pad can give some temporary relief. To summarize, I would urge you to consult your gynecologist for careful pelvic examination. You also need per vaginal examination, per speculum evaluation and swab test to identify the cause. One of the aforementioned treatments will take care of your problem. Hope I have answered your query. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen