What causes itchy palm?

I have an itchy palm and no redness and no rash. It feels like it is coming from within. That is it. It lasts a couple of days usually.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail follows Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I am Dr. Charu. I have read your query and understood your concern. Itchy palms with no rash or redness can be due to dry skin per se or can occur as a part of skin condition called urticaria. Usually urticaria is associated with red transient eruptions but very rarely it can start with itch only with no obvious lesions. Urticaria is an allergic reaction which can be due to number of conditions like food, seasonal variation, underlying infection or drugs. It is also very often associated with asthma which is again an allergic respiratory disease. I will advice you following investigations: 1) complete blood count 2) Absolute eosinophil count 3) Urine routine and microscopy 4) thyroid profile. In the mean time , you can start tablet levocetrizine in the morning and tablet allegra in night under supervision. You can apply a good moisturizer on hands for dryness and relief. Kindly get the investigations done. If you have further query, you may ask me.