What causes irregular menstrual cycle?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I will tell u my all problems I hope u will help me out. I got married on 1st Feb,2013 My relationship with my husband is very good. Almost all days we are in relationship completely but still i have not got pregnant. Early my periods were regular but last from 2 months there are changes. In month of october i got periods 8 days early and in november 10 days delay so now on 1st dec i got periods but that also for 4 days bleeding. pls tell me what should i do or u can help me with any tablets to get pregnant plzzzz Because there is family pressure on me for my pregnancy. My weight is 80kg n height 5.1 I M awaiting ur reply I will tell u my all problems I hope u will help me out. I got married on 1st Feb,2013 My relationship with my husband is very good. Almost all days we are in relationship completely but still i have not got pregnant. Early my periods were regular but last from 2 months there are changes. In month of october i got periods 8 days early and in november 10 days delay so now on 1st dec i got periods but that also for 4 days bleeding. pls tell me what should i do or u can help me with any tablets to get pregnant plzzzz Because there is family pressure on me for my pregnancy. My weight is 80kg n height 5.1 I M awaiting ur reply
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Investigations to be done Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Irregularity in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes, like : - Hormonal imbalance due to stress and strain, weight changes, poly cystic ovary disease etc. -Thyroid hormonal abnormalities. -Abnormality in prolactin levels. - General conditions like anemia, nutritional deficiency, diabetes etc. So, once consult gynecologist and get examined. With her advice go for investigations like hemoglobin levels estimation, blood sugar levels, thyroid profile, prolactin levels, ultrasound etc. Your husband needs to undergo seminal analysis. With this workup the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treatment can be taken accordingly. Decreasing the weight can helps in regularization of the menstrual cycles. According to your height, your weight should be around 55kgs. Planning the unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation will increase the possibility of pregnancy. After investigations you can track the ovulation and can plan intercourse around that period. For more details : WWW.WWWW.WW Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.

Follow-up: What causes irregular menstrual cycle? 25 minutes later
i have undergone test for blood sugar, thyroid, sonography, everything is normal. than why i m not getting pregnant. can u suggest me any tablets to get pregnant fast.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Tablets for ovulation induction Detailed Answer: Hi, If all reports are normal, you can take tablets for ovulation induction with your doctor's advice. Usually we prescribe clomiphene citrate for this purpose. Better to take after consulting your doctor. Then go for follicular study to track the ovulation. For more details : http://srsree.blogspot.in/2013/10/ovulation.html Around the time of ovulation, plan for intercourse. This will increase the possibility of pregnancy. Take care.

Follow-up: What causes irregular menstrual cycle? 40 minutes later
how to take this medicine clomiphene citrate

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Consult gynecologist once Detailed Answer: Hi, You have to take the tablets only after consulting gynecologist and after general examination. So, better consult your gynecologist. After examination, she will recommend you the tablets and will explain how to take. As per the rules of Health care magic, we should not give direct prescription. Take care.