What causes drowsiness at noon?

In the afternoon hours I used to feel sleepy. To combat it I have to take tea/coffee frequently. I almost feel drowsy from afternoon to rest of the day. IEven I won't be able to give proper attention to meetings if I am drwsy which is very embarrasing for me. How can I remain energetic for whole day.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: eat balanced diet and take a few tests Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX You must eat balanced diet to prevent this drowsiness. I would suggest you a heavy breakfast, and very light lunch. Having heavy food at lunch makes you drowsy as well, so limit your food intake in the noon. Also, you must move around frequently after lunch. Do not forget to go for a 15 mins walk after your lunch. This way you will remain active in the meetings. You can have fresh fruit juice in the evening for refreshment to have energetic evenings. Keep yourself mobile as much as possible to remain active. In addition, you must take few tests like diabetes profile and thyroid profile to look for underlying causes. Hope this helps you. Regards,