What causes difficulty in retracting the foreskin on erection?

Hi Sir, For the last 2 days am facing a kind of strange pain near my penis.It is not exactly pain but some kind of discomfort .While Passing Urine i dont have any problems and one more problem i have is that my i cannot pull it back when it is erected if it is not erected am able to pull it freely and i odnt have any pain that time also...Am kind of getting tensed what it might be.....please do help m.
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Gently retract while in shower. Vigorous masturba? Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Unable to retract the foreskin on erection is very normal. It is not a phimosis. It is common in most of the uncircumcised peoples. However if the foreskin is very tight and unable to retract it may cause discomfort during intercourse or masturbate. In many people, providing the tightness is not due to scarring, the foreskin will gradually stretch until it will comfortably retract. I expect you try this, gentle retraction of the foreskin regularly perhaps when you are in the bath or shower will encourage the natural process. But vigorous retraction may precipitate tearing and scarring in fore skin. Try gently. if you get any mild sore, use mild steroid ointment. Regarding your vague discomfort or pain penis, Had you masturbated recently and is it too vigorous and frequent? Do you have any other symptoms like abdominal pain or testicle pain? Do you have any hernia or bulge in groin region or lower abdomen? Does your testicle looks normal in size? Because vigorous masturbation may cause mild congestion and vague pain in penis. Waiting for your response.
Follow-up: What causes difficulty in retracting the foreskin on erection? 9 minutes later
1)i did masturbate daily ...but i stopped it for 4 days now... 2)No abdominal pain or testicle pain 3)there is no kind of swelling or anything near groin or lower abdomen 4)Yes it looks normal and it dont have any kind of pain over there.. and the thing is that i am not having any kind of pain but some kind of strange sensation whcih i cannot say as pain, i can pass urine wit out any issues and when my penis is not erect i can pull bcak the foreskin with out any issues also.
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: May be due to urinary tract infection. Urinalysis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. There are few causes which i suspect are Infection, Varicocele and Hernia. It is not necessary to have any discharge or pain on urination in Urinary tract infection. Thus better rule out infection by simple Urinalysis. In addition, You need physical examination to rule out any varicocele in testicles or Inguinal Hernia. These can also similar strange sensation in pubic region or near penis. Further investigation like Ultrasound scrotum and pelvis is also needed to rule out any Varicocele. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: What causes difficulty in retracting the foreskin on erection? 1 hour later
sir, do u want me to consult a general physician to check out on this. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. General Physician and do the investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes. You need to get examined by a General and Family Physician. Explain the symptoms you are now suffering and do the further investigation which i recommended in the previous reply. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.