What causes difficulty in breathing when suffering from chest pain and arm pain?

Question
Ive been having chest pains as well as left arm pain and numbness and my upper back hurts. Its hard to breathe when I lay down.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Though young, symptoms arise suspicion of angina. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Though you are young, your symptoms arise suspicion of angina.Chest pain that radiates to left arm with breathlessness surely needs evaluation for cardiac cause. Your anxiety might also be playing role in this. I generally get patients like you evaluated with EKG and if needed with stress test and 2Decho. So I recommend an early visit to cardiologist.Avoid any physical exertion.Have someone watch on you and take you to the hospital. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Follow-up: What causes difficulty in breathing when suffering from chest pain and arm pain? 3 minutes later
the cardiologist said 4 months ago everything was fine. could things have changed in this time

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Were any investigations done for this? Detailed Answer: Please provide details.

Follow-up: What causes difficulty in breathing when suffering from chest pain and arm pain? 10 minutes later
when I got anxiety and I would have panic attacks I went to see a cardiologist. he did an ekg and an echo test he put me on a monitor for 2 days and he called me back everything was great.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 hours later
Brief Answer: I would like to get stress test in your case. Detailed Answer: All other investigations were done at rest , it would be wise to see if you get pain on exercise during stress test.Only after this it would be ideal to say that you dont have any cardiac issue. Regards.