What causes diarrhea and vomiting?

I have simultaneous diarrhea and vomiting. No doctor has been able to explain or diagnose this.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please provide the requested data of yours... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your medical history and understood your concerns. Before running into final conclusions, I'd like to have more of your medical data: - how long have you been having such symptoms? - are these symptoms occurring continuously or on-and-off? - how often is diarrhea and vomiting? - if vomiting immediately after eating or not related to food? - have you noticed mucus, blood or other problem in your stool? - are your symptoms more intense when you get anxious or stressed out? Based on the data provided, the cause of simultaneous diarrhea and vomiting could be related to: - food intolerance - IBS - SVT - stress/anxiety Looking forward to have the requested data in! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What causes diarrhea and vomiting? 30 hours later
Response to query for more data: I have been experiencing these episodes for about a year now. They don't occur continuously, but are unpredictable, as far as I've been able to determine. I may go a month without any episodes and then have two in one week. I've had four this year already. I've probably misled by calling it diarrhea and vomiting. The first occurrence was during a bout of diarrhea; since then it is sometimes associated w/diarrhea, others with just a loose stool. I am always on the toilet when I feel the urge to vomit; there is no preceding nausea. It has twice immediately followed eating a meal, both times breakfast (once before the food allergy diagnoses, included a cheese omelet and an English muffin, but no meat; second after the food allergies were detected, was scrambled eggs, bacon and diced potatoes). Other times, it may be hours after eating. There has been no mucus, blood or other problems with stools and a recent occult stool test was negative. I haven't noticed a relationship to stress or anxiety, even when attending to this as a possible contributor.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 36 hours later
Brief Answer: Nothing worrisome,stress-related IBS Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for providing the requested data. As long as there is no organic problem noticed, there is nothing to be worried about. Different people have their own way to react to stressful situations. Yours is through diarrhea and vomiting. Otherwise, nothing to be worried about. Dr.Klerida