What causes delayed periods after taking i pill?

my wife and I had protected sex. we are a newly married couple. I was with her for a week and we used I pills as extra protection. after 5 days of the last inter course she had periods normal for 7 days with less bleeding. she had her periods before itz usual time. since then arround 34 days have passed by. there are no periods yet. are there any chances of pregnancy? please suggest.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Cori Baill 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: No contraceptive method is perfect. Detailed Answer: No contraceptive method is perfect, however using pills and condoms is very very effective. If you used both methods I doubt you conceived. Menses can occur anywhere between 25-35 days apart and be normal. Some women are more regular than others. A simple urine pregnancy test should give you a definite answer 34 days after the start of the last menses. Use a first morning void so the urine is concentrated. I hope you get the answer you planned for. I think you will.
Follow-up: What causes delayed periods after taking i pill? 8 hours later
yes doctor we used both condoms and I pills every time we had intercourse. now I will go for urine pregnancy test kit.
Answered by Dr. Cori Baill 7 hours later
Brief Answer: I would be shocked if you were pregnant. Detailed Answer: By using pills and condoms you are very well protected. No method is 100% but this is pretty close. I think the pregnancy test will be negative. I certainly hope so since you're going to such effort. You sound very responsible and concerned. I wish you every happiness in your new marriage.