What causes chronic diarrhea persisting for years?

what are the chronic digestive tract diseases that causing mainly chronic diarrhea for many years without any affecting other organs?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Chronic digestuve tract diseases with diarrhea.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with HCM. Please bare in mind that chronic diarrhea persisting for years without effecting other organs might be due to: - food intolerance - inflammatory bowel diseases - irritable bowel syndrome - gallbladder removal However, they are associated with alternate periods of diarrhea and constipation. Furthermore, it is very XXXXXXX to let a chronic diarrhea untreated properly as it might lead to dehydration, and, then, all body organs will be suffering. So, it is a must to find out the cause to a chronic diarrhea first, then, to take proper measures to get it treated accordingly or, at least, preventing dehydration. Hope it was of help! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Albana
Follow-up: What causes chronic diarrhea persisting for years? 5 hours later
Hi Sir All four causes of persisting diarrhea that mention in your reply are not happened and all negative . all organs like liver, kidney, heart ,spleen ,and pancreas work normal and no shortages of nutrition according to blood test fever ,no blood in the stool , no pain in any part of his body no rash in the skin , no pain any where in his digestive system IF eat only his specific foods :little of (bread, lettuce, potato, rice and Black tea.). I sent in my first message his history of disease from 2007 till now . I would be in contact with you to follow up. Thank you for response and attention XXXX Father of XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Please provide the following information... Detailed Answer: HiXXXX Thank you for following up. At this point, I'd like to know: - how many times/day is he having bowel movements? - is the stool: loose, watery? - is the bowel movements immediately after eating or it does not seem to be related to food? - has the stool been examined for ova/parasites or candida? Thank you! Dr.Albana
Follow-up: What causes chronic diarrhea persisting for years? 18 hours later
Hi *2-3 times a day. *Sometimes loose other time watery but no constipation. *Not relating for eating its mostly happened at morning after wake up. *Many time but When examined first time after starting symptoms and second test after one year from the first test , IN these two test there is Blastocystis hominis protozoa .but his doctor told him it is not the cause of his diarrhea and ulceration. After 3 years made more than five stool test in Colorado but all negative so where Blasto gone!!!!!! * We made comprehensive test at specified Lab. they found +4 overgrowth yeast (unknown type )and rising SIgA(170) due to unknown infectious disease but not Crohns
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible intestinal flora imbalance due to yeast.. Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. * Having bowel movements 2-3 times/day is considered normal unless it is giving troubles to him. * Usually, Blastocystis hominis protozoa is not considered pathogen, and is found commonly in the feces. Studies are inconclusive about its pathogenicity. This explains why no Blasto was seen in the final stool test he did in Colorado. * Yeast overgrowth could be a reason to his problems. However, if properly treated, it will be reversed. Passing the stool in the morning is indicative for IBS unless tests he did were inconclusive for IBS. I have read in his medical history, he has been in a refugee camp in XXXXXXX Usually, intestinal parasitic infections (Giardiasis, Amebiasis, etc.) are common among refugees. Fortunately, no Crohn's was reported, however, you are still mentioning to have diarrhea and ulceration that should further be evaluated, including H.pylori. Is it possible to upload the test reports he already did, including radiological exams to assist you further! Thank you! Dr.Albana
Follow-up: What causes chronic diarrhea persisting for years? 40 hours later
Hi Sir * His last stool report is attached * It possible there a HISTOPLASMA Enteritis that causes a chronic ulceration at ileum???!! BRs. XXXX
Brief Answer: Pls attach reports: YYYY@YYYY Detailed Answer: Hi back XXXX Thank you for following up. Unfortunately, I was not able to receive any other report from you. Could you please attach them at: YYYY@YYYY with the subject line: "Attention to Dr.Albana Sejdini". Thank you for your kind collaboration! Dr.Albana