What causes burning sensation while urinating inspite of my type 2 diabetes?

Yes I am a 57 year old male this morning as I sat down to do my normal bowel movement as I urinated it burned quite severly during and a short time after during the day normal standing urination was fine I sat down again this evening and felt the same burning sensation not as severe but still there. I take meds for type 2 diabetes lisinopril for hbp with amlodipine also celexa and prevastain I have been on these meds for quite some time nothing new there have a chest cold with some congestion
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dehydration or mild infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, In view of symptoms there are two possibilities, either it can be dehydration or minor infection.In both cases increase water intake can help you.You can add juices to your regular diet.If symptoms like urethral irritation, increase in frequency of urination , fever or chills develop then you will need to get urine routine analysis done and if there is evidence of infection in that , then you will need course of antibiotics. Hope this helps.Regards.