What causes brown discharge with fibres during perimenopause?

Hi, I am 51 years old, I haven't had a period in approx 6 months. I have a brown discharge with fibres, it does not smell and I have no pain or itchiness. I am quite worried
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Comsiderations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. During the time around menopause (perimenopause), menstruation can be very abnormal. Menopause is generally defined as absence of menstruation for an entire year. It can take several years for menopause to occur, going through the phase of perimenopause with abnormal bleeding, hot flashes and mood swings. If these symptoms are concerning, it is certainly reasonable to see your physician for a physical examination and assessment. Thanks gain for submitting your question and I hope this was helpful. Sincerely, Dr G