What causes anxiety?

Dear doctor, I suffer with health anxiety and it does torcher me. Seems like my symtoms as changing to what i worry about. Last week was knuckle pain. And completely went away. Now just about less then a week ago i get a burning sensation sensitive like a sunburn on my lower right leg by my shin/calf area. Only last a few seconds and fades away..Part me knows it may be anxiety but it is stressing me out. When i am walking, exerciisng, and doing yoga its never there. Its when im at home. When i ake up there is never anythign until i start looking for it. Dpes this sound like anxiety or am should i be concenred ?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult a Psychiatrist at the earliest Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Your symptoms are suggestive of a Psychological problem. More details are needed to come to some conclusion. Sometimes, a sense of insecurity or lack of self-confidence, lead to unfounded apprehensions, so much so that, one starts associating a completely unrelated symptom with a particular problem. These vague and unrelated symptoms are called psychosomatic symptoms, which have no identifiable cause. In most cases, people with a traumatic and unhappy childhood, or those who have had a traumatic experience, develop similar symptoms. You need help, XXXXXXX Consult a Psychiatrist and confide all your problems and symptoms in him. He will certainly listen to you, subject you to some Psychological tests, if required, and guide you accordingly. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Just remember that you are always welcome to share your problems with me any time you feel like. I will try my best to address your concerns and guide you. Take care, XXXXXXX Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What causes anxiety? 3 minutes later
Thank you so much doctor. I just for some reason get so scared about my health. Started to spiral last year. But lately its on and off. I had a great childhood, my dad was akways working away but i knew no difference. I have a healthy famiky. Wxcept my grandmother had alztuemers. I just am terrified of MS, and have no idea why! I hate it. I feel trapped. And i get scared by googling and spending 100s of pounds and dollars on askinf questions.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: You have no chances of developing Alzheimers/MS Detailed Answer: Well, XXXXXXX I fully understand your problem, particularly when you see your near and ones suffering. Let me firstly assure you that Alzheimer's is NOT familial or hereditary. You should therefore, drive away the apprehension of developing this condition. The chances of developing MS go higher if there is a history of MS in the family. But you have NONE. So, DO NOT get unnecessarily perturbed by letting your imagination run amok. There is no end to it. So, my sincere advice to the beautiful, mature, young lady is to put an end to baseless apprehensions and instead, focus your energy on your studies / vocation. Be positive and optimistic; think of the endless happiness that lies ahead. You have just one life. So, enjoy it to fullest, build your career and strive at having a prosperous and happy life ahead. Nevertheless, do consult a Psychiatrist: it would do no harm. Take care, XXXXXXX