What causes Hemorrhoids and fissures and do they pose any health risk?

I just turned 37 I have had brighter red blood on and off for months. It would happen 3 times a month on average. My reg doc did a dig rectal exam with finger only and said a large internal hemeroid. Plus at the time external and a few minor anus tears. But I've noticed it was getting harder to push stool out. Even though they were reg size. It got to where just small bits and pieces would come out leaving me really pushing. But when I use one serving of miralax it comes out loose but I do not strain at all. But the last 6 weeks I've been getting mostly loose stools. Lighter color as well. I finally talked my doc into reff me to a gastro . I have a colonoscopy set up already. I had some pains in my right side tummy so I went to the er. They did a CBC and a ct scan of pelvis and ab.. I read the ct scan and it noted on there mesetery lymph nodes. It said scattered small meseteric lymph nodes measuring up to 6mm in short axis. It also said not significantly enlarged for ct criteria. The er doc and my reg doc didn't tell me of this. I keep thinking its cancer. My white blood count was on the mean and so was my red blood count. My hemoglobin was a a hair over the high mark. My bilirubin total was .5 I'm looking for educated answers I'm 37, no smoker, no drinker, no drugs, no medical history, i did find out one of my grand mothers sisters got colon cancer in her early 50s
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hemorrhoids and fissures are a common problem Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Hemorrhoids and fissures that you have been diagnosed are a pretty common condition and occur in many people. The main cause is the underlying constipation. More the pressure applied to pass the stools, more will be the hemorrhoids and fissures and the best therapy is the stools softner that you are already on. You need not bother a lot about the mesenteric lymph nodes. They are not big enough and the fissures causethe infection to travel to them leading to their enlargement and commonly noted among the patients of fissure. With a family history of colon cancer, its wise to get a colonoscopy done,but the yield may be most likely negative. Loose stools should not bother you as you know the cause. Continue with the stool softener until the hemorrhoids and fissures heal. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.