What can be the red flesh coming from inside the vagina ?

I had a pelvic exam a few months ago, along with a Pap smear. Everything OK. But now I have red flesh (looks like liver) coming from the inside of my vagina. Used to bleed a small amount, and there was pain in intercourse.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 5 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

Inter-menstrual bleeding or contact bleeding should not be taken lightly.

It can be due to cervical erosion.

''Red flesh looking like liver '' can be prolapse of bladder or rectum or can be a cervical polyp with descent of cervix.

I would suggest you to get your vaginal examination done again, in case they have missed something.

Also do get all the relevant investigations done to rule out Cancer of the Cervix like colposcopy etc.

I will always be available for your further queries.

Best regards,