What can be the reason for feeling tired, low and very sleepy ?

Hello been feeling a bit low over the last 2 weeks very tired all the time fall asleep at a drop of a hat even when I have just got up ,very forgetful dropping things.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 2 hours later

Your description of symptoms are not normal.

I would like to ask a few questions here which would help me understand you better.

How long you sleep in a day? Do you feel comfortable when you get up in the morning?

May i know if you are an alcoholic or smoker?

Do you have any other associated symptoms?

Depression would present with the above symptoms.

Even uncontrolled blood sugars or hypoglycemia or electrolyte imbalance, thyroid diseases would present in a similar manner.

Could you send some more information as to if you are hypertensive and if you have any depressive events in your life.

At this point of time you may need to undergo battery of investigations including complete blood count, sugar levels, TSH etc.

Please do write us back providing detailed information.

Will be happy to answer your follow up.

Follow-up: What can be the reason for feeling tired, low and very sleepy ? 1 hour later
Very hot and sweaty well wet in morning
I don't smoke or drink
If I sit down in front of the tv am a sleep in ten minutes for about twenty minutes
I have hissing in my ears constantly
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 12 minutes later

Nice to see you again.

I suggest you to initially consult a physician.

Since it needs to be evaluated through investigations.

The investigations would start from baseline like Complete Blood Count, Thyroid profile, Electrolytes, Ultrasound and blood sugar levels.

There are also medicines to give you good sound sleep and boost your energy levels.
But this should be taken after complete evaluation.

You would be better once being treated after diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query.