What are the vaccination for 5 years old?

Feb 2013

My son is going to complete 5 years on 16th of November. Just wanted to know about the vaccination for 5 years old. How many doses and the cost of vaccination
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: depends on country, brand, number, type of vaccines. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. There are slight variations in the vaccination schedules of different countries. The vaccines offered at 5 years of age in children in India (Indian Academy of Pediatrics) are : 1.DPT. 2. MMR 2nd dose. 3. Chickenpox booster dose. 4. Typhoid vaccine (booster). The cost of vaccines depends on brand, place, type of vaccine, and doctor consultation fee. I am giving approximate costs but may vary as mentioned above. 1. DPT- Rs.100 to 750 /-(depending on type of vaccine). 2. MMR- Rs.150 to 600/- 3. Chickenpox- Rs. 1500 to 1700/- 4. Typhoid vaccine- Rs.400 to 1900/-. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.
Follow-up: What are the vaccination for 5 years old? 8 minutes later
Thank you doctor for your response. Is it fine if my son gets vaccinated tomorrow that is 15th instead of 16th. Since 16th is his birhtday i dont want him to get vaccination done. I also want to know whether there will be any side effect after the vaccination. I was told that 2 doses will be given at a time each costing 1950 and 1550rs. Kindly advise. Sorry i am from Bangalore. Doctor i need one more suggestion. Off late son is complaining of leg pain. Doctor told its a growing pain. He is very thin. Any homeremedies for this.
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Get him vaccinated after his birthday. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for getting back. There will be mild pain and fever after vaccination for 24 to 48 hours. These can be managed by paracetamol. You can get him vaccinated after his birthday celebration to avoid slight inconvenience which is caused by the vaccines such as fever and pain. He can be given two vaccines at a time as advised by your pediatrician and the cost is near to my estimation as I mentioned in the previous answer. Growing pains are common in some children around this age. Usually they present at night when the legs are in resting state. The home remedy for growing pains are to massage the legs gently and ask the child to move legs which will give relief from pains. If the pains are moderate to severe, you can give him ibuprofen in prescribed dose. Give him a very much balanced and nutritious diet and you can add ghee or edible oil to his diet to make it more calorie dense which will help to gain weight. Give him foods made of ground nuts and jaggery such as 'chikkies' on a routine basis as they are rich in protein and calories, iron respectively. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.