What are the symtoms and treatment for scabies?

Dermatologist
Question
okay, I have been to many doctors, dermatologist and so on for the past few years. I was living in Alaska where there is not water available or indoor bathrooms. I think I got scabies but no doctor will treat me as so. Not sure if this can get in your sinuses but I keep sneezing up what looks like the same thing on my skin. I have terrible headaches and cramping in my legs. My blood pressure seems to be higher has well.. Now I just had my boyfriend use milkthistle to cleanse and he broke out with what looks like what I have all over his feet, legs, arms and hip area. He still works in Alaska at a remote mine, not sure if he is just bring it home with him. Please don't tell me I have psoriasis, I have read up enough to know that its not. I keep pulling small white and dark things out of my skin, with round sores that wont go away and spread. they seem to have something going down the middle
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I understand your concern. when you say your boy friend also got affected, it must be Of infective pathology. it is very important for me to see a photograph of the lesions. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and I could help you better. Please upload a photograph. Waiting for your response. Thank you

Follow-up: What are the symtoms and treatment for scabies? 31 minutes later
foot with sandal is my boyfriends and the other is where I have it on my leg

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. You are true it is not psoriasis. It can be scabies. You can try application of permethrin 5 % lotion. It is very good against scabies. ask even your boy friend to apply the same. Also take an anti histamine tablet like cetrizine for 15 days. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: What are the symtoms and treatment for scabies? 6 hours later
You say that I can try the application for scabies. and the histamine - are you able to write a prescription

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. The cream is called as 5 % permethrin. Tablet Cetrizine is the anti histamine. I think both of these will be available over the counter. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: What are the symtoms and treatment for scabies? 43 hours later
you can not get this over the counter, a prescription is needed. so are you saying that you are not able to write one

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 18 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello I am sorry. This website doesn't have the facility to allow writing prescriptions. Hope you understand. Thank you