What are the side effects of Warnter medication on an unborn baby ?

have a history of genital warts.
I attempted to seek treatment for them. Some treatment was successful and the clinicians were empathetic.
However, I mostly had negative experiences with the MDs.
I successfully and without any known side effects began to treat myself for the next few years with OTC-wart freezers.

I am now 21 weeks pregnant and without thinking used a product called Warnter with dimethyl ether and propane. I am very ashamed of my stupidity and the damage I may have yielded onto my unborn child.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 16 minutes later

Till the first trimester or 3rd month of pregnancy, organogenesis or formation of organs is complete. You have used the wart product in second trimester (24 weeks), hence it is less likely to cause any teratogenic effect.

Also studies have shown that dimethyl ether does not result in any birth defects when the exposure has occurred during pregnancy in the second trimester.

Any topically applied medications are absorbed into the skin and the developing fetus is most at-risk for developing birth defects in the first trimester.

Relax, your baby should be fine and you can get it confirmed by regular ultrasounds as prescribed by your gynecologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.