What are the pros and cons of liposuction? Want to cut the fat in chest

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon

I am planning to go for Liposuction in chest area. I am little obese (27 BMI) but want to cut the fat in the chest region.
Could you please suggest the pros and cons of liposuction. Also, the cost of doing that and a good place in Bangalore to get it done. Also, I want to know how much leave I have to take for that and after how many days I can start running and gymming etc.

Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Surindher 45 minutes later

Thank you for using health related query.

You are talking about a condition called Gynaecomastia, lumpy breasts in male.

Gynaecomastia as the condition is called is a very common problem and the treatment is surgical. The treatment is usually a combination of liposuction +/- gland excision. It is done via small cuts on the side or around the nipple so the scar is hidden. The procedure takes around 2 hours and done under anaesthesia.

You can go home the same evening or the next day depending on your comfort. Getting back to regular activities takes around 3-4 days. You will need to wear a pressure garment under your clothes for the next 6- 8 weeks to help with the swelling and pain.

There are no major side effects and problems as long it is done by qualified plastic surgeons to give you the best possible results. Gymming can start after a week or 10 days.

The costs will vary according to the surgeon and the hospital it is done in, but can range from @ 45,000-90,000/-. You can write to YYYY@YYYY to fix an appointment with me in Bangalore.

Thank you for your query.

Please feel free to write back for any further doubts.