What are the possibilities of an inconclusive pre-employement drug test ?

I took a pre-employment drug test today that came back inconclusive (flagged suspicious) and was sent for further testing. I'm shocked because I use no illegal drugs and don't abuse prescription drugs either. The only medications I take is Allegra and flonase for allergies, valtrex, birth control pills and a daily probiotic. I also use a few drops of oil of oregano to help my sinuses and chew Pepto tablets when my stomach is upset, which happened to be the day before the test. The urine was not diluted because I don't drink a lot of water. In fact the urine was really the first of the day so I'm sure it was very strong. Is there any reason the test should be inconclusive based upon these items in my system? I'm very upset because I feel I should have passed with flying colors. Oh I forgot to mention I did also take a stool softener and a muscle relaxer the day before the test.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
First of all being flagged suspicious does not mean that you have been found guilty.
The first urine sample of the day is always strong and contains all the metabolites in a bit higher concentrations.
Taking pain killer like ibuprofen or a muscle relaxant or a nasal decongestant spray or taking any herbal medicine whose exact composition is not known can cause falsely doubtful results. Even exposure to spirit or passive smoking for long hours can cause a false positive test.
To pass the test it is best to stop taking all kinds of medicines two days before the test, restrict coffee intake and drink plenty of water and a tablespoon of vinegar daily for 2-3 days. This will most likely clear your urine from all the contaminants.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.