What are the other anti anxiety drugs that can be used in conjunction with serzone?

what other anti anxiety drug can be used in conjunction with serzone? My question is to get more anti anxiety help while the serzone seems to work well on the depression.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow below steps. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. Serzone contain Nefazodone. It is itself effective in anxiety apart from depression. But medicines usually take 4-6 weeks to show its full effect. Hope you have already on it for few weeks to experience response. If 4-6 weeks had passed and still you are having anxiety symptoms then following steps will help you to overcome it: -Increase the dose of current medicines: Serzone started with 100mg 2 times a day and doses can be increased to 300mg 2 times a day (total 600mg per day). If you are on lower side of dose, then its doses can be increased. If you are taking total doses in night only then divide doses and take it two times a day to control day time anxiety symptoms. All dose related changes need psychiatrist supervision. -Addition of other medicine: Like clonazepam for short duration. -Addition of Psychotherapy in treatment like CBT (cognitive behavior therapy). -Detection and correction of vitamin deficiency (especially vitamin B12): so take vitamin supplement and fruits/milk in diet. -Screening of thyroid dysfunction: As its imbalance lead to anxiety. -Avoid excessive caffeine (tea/coffee/cold-drink) and alcohol intake: if present. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards,
Follow-up: What are the other anti anxiety drugs that can be used in conjunction with serzone? 8 hours later
can you take wellburtin or valazidone with serzone or is there a negative interaction?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello again, Thanks for follow up. Valazidone belong to same group of Serzone (Nefazodone) and Wellbutrin (Bupropion) is poorly effective for anxiety symptoms. Due to that in my view combination is not good. It is better to follow steps mentioned in primary reply for better response in anxiety. Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful. Wish you good health. Regards