What are the findings from the lumbar puncture reports while suffering from high fever?

Nov 2013

doctor my brother is suffering frm high fever from last 5 days and severe head ache. we have admitted him in hospital.....his Lumbar Puncture reports show protein level very high 101 , sugar level 45, and total count of blood 240...pls help me as what is the problem with him,.....doc stated with steroids and 80d medicine
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Based on the details provided by you, your brother is most likely suffering from meningitis (brain fever) caused by tuberculosis (TB). The lumbar puncture reports are suggestive of meningitis. Standard treatment for TB meningitis consists of steroids for 4-6 weeks and 18 months of ATT (anti tb treatment). I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: