What are the findings from the hormone report?

S oestradiol:………..106 nmol/L (<99) H S SHGB:………………..45 nmol/L (10-50) S Testoterone:……….18.7 nmol/L (10.0-35.0) Hi Dr, Just curious someone had mentioned that my estradial is higher than most men as you may observe from the results S oestradial 106 pmol/L (<99)H Reproductive Hormones (Serum) oestradial 110 pmol/L (<100) if indeed it is true,what is the meaning of it and what would cause such as my body weight is normal. Any kind of side effects ? Just want to know What is means . My height is 1.76m, weight 70kg waist size 34 Thanks
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Insignificant Detailed Answer: Such mild elevations of estradiol in males are insignificant and nothing needs to be done about it. In fact, it should not have been tested in the first place unless there were legitimate scientific reasons to suspect a problem (such as rare estrogen producing tumors that cause impressive symptoms in men like development of breasts and lowering of testosterone). Your testosterone levels are very normal and the 'calculated Free testosterone' is also robust around 9.5 As you have surmised further that even your body weight is excellent with a BMI of mid 22. Nothing further needs to be done to explore this very marginal elevation of oestradiol in your blood. it is not known to cause any harm