What are the findings from the blood report?

Hi Doctor,
My blood report reads:
I am attaching the report for your reference. My heamglobin seems to be Normal..thanx
Remarks : Alert !!! Predominantly normocytic normochromic with macrocytes and ovalocytes
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probable Vit B12 deficiency.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for sharing your report.

I have reviewed your report. MCV(Mean corpuscular hemoglobin) is high. This is measurement in number and macrocyte word is used to describe this.

Presence of occasional ovalocytes is fine.

Macrocytes in blood report indicates that there are chances that you have Vit B12 deficiency.

This is very common now a days due to various reasons.

Please discuss this with your doctor,if you have any problem like easy fatigue,decreased productiveness,weakness etc, he may decide to give you Vit B12 supplementation.

Please talk to your doctor.

Follow-up: What are the findings from the blood report? 17 minutes later
Hi doctor

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am attaching another report which suggest I am not b12 deficient (page6). can you please take a look?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There are other reasons,needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Yes,I have reviewed your reports B12 is normal.

As I have written earlier presence macrocytes normally denotes B12 deficiency.Still it is not a rule.There are other reasons also. I an not mentioning list here as it is confusing for you to understand.

As discussed you should discuss this with your family doctor.

One more thing that I have noticed is very low level of Vit-d,please take medicines for your doctor for the same.