What are alternative options for emergency contraception?
User rating for this question
Hello, my girlfriend and I had sex at 2am last night and the condom came off during. I am staying in Abu Dhabi, UAE, where emergency contraceptive is not available.What are alternative options for emergency contraception? I am reading that birth control pills used in higher dosages, such as XXXXXXX or Marvelon, can be used as a substitute--is this recommended? Please offer advice on what to do so we can act as soon as possible. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. S Patra 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. XXXXXXX or MARVELON can be used as emergency pill. 4 pills are to be taken as soon as possible (within first 24 hrs of sex) and repeat the same dose (4 pills) after 12 hrs to get highest protection against unwanted pregnancy. She will get a withdrawal bleeding within 5 to 7 days. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
People also viewed
- Types of lung lesions
- What are alternative options for emergency contraception
- Swelling and weeping legs
- What are the side effects of levonorgestrel emergency contraceptive?
- Starting pill mid cycle
- What are contraceptives
- Pomeroy method tubal ligation
- Logynon ed cyst treatrmeant
- What are the side effects of emergency contraception
- Cyclenorm p and e tablets powerful
- Multiple sclerosis mri lesions
- Normal male testosterone levels
- What is emergency contraception
- Ortho tri cyclen and simple partial seizures
- Delay period one week ortho tri cyclen