Went for laproscopy surgery for endometerosis cyst removal. Have mild dilation in left fallopian tube. Suggest?

Excellent
Question
Hi Doctor, I went for laproscopy surgery for endometerosis cyst removal from right ovary measuring 7 cm. After the surgery, doctor told me that she saw the mild dilation in left fallopian tube and she performed fimbroplasty. Also, she mentioned that right fallopian tube and left ovary is perfectly normal. My question is, does my doctor performed the XXXXXXX test during the surgery or is it always performed during the surgery. Thanks!
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
In case of endometriosis it is common to have blocked tubes. Since the surgeon saw a visible swelling in the fallopian tube, the XXXXXXX test would have been performed and accordingly the fimbrioplasty procedure was undertaken to make the tubes patent.
Otherwise normally also, a XXXXXXX test should be performed in case of an endometriotic cyst removal if there is a history of infertility. The final decision depends on the operating surgeon.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Went for laproscopy surgery for endometerosis cyst removal. Have mild dilation in left fallopian tube. Suggest? 2 hours later
Thanks Doctor!! My Surgery was done in November 2012. Do I need to again go for XXXXXXX test or it would be fine by now.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
It has been less than one year since you had the XXXXXXX test. There is no need to go for the test again unless there is an evidence of recurrent endometriosis or pelvic infections.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.