Was on suboxone and xanax for years. Now prescribed with only xanax. Why?

I was on suboxone for 3 years. The doctor treating me moved away. A different doctor came from Pittsburgh and gave me prescription for 13 - 8 mg.. to wean myself off of it. It has been so hard to find a doctor who will take me because I also take Xanax. I also have depression and when I went on suboxone I never felt depression as long as I was on suboxone. can any doctor prescribe suboxone or do they have to go to a class to prescribe it, It also help my pain as I have RA.
I am in pain and depressed. Who can help me. I was on perocets until I got into a suboxone program to get off of the pain pills my doctor that left not only gave me suboxone and my Xanax as he knew I had depression and had panic attacks. I went to a suboxone clinic that started 3 weeks ago, but he would not give me suboxone because I am on xaxax. I took pain pills and Xanax together for 15 years, then I took suboxone and Xanax for 3 years and it did not harm me. So why won't they help. I live in Wheeling, WV.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be given together

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Suboxone used for the treatment of opiod dependence can be given in the presence of xanax. It is not absolutely contraindicated. However soboxone it self some times is habit forming cause of the buprenorphine content in it. As such suboxone should not be taken for very long.
As far as depression goes taking antidepressants is preferable and for pain , pain management medications should be better. Suboxone has a purpose of taking you off opiods and if its done then there is no need to take suboxone.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: Was on suboxone and xanax for years. Now prescribed with only xanax. Why? 40 hours later
Do you know any doctors in my area Wheeling, WV or Pittsburgh Pa. that will give me my suboxone and Xanax? I am taking some drug so I won't go through with drawers so bad. The second day with out suboxone I got dizzy and fell and cracked my ribs. I do not know what I hit the with drawers were so bad. do you know of any doctor in my area Wheeling WV or Pittsburgh Pa that will give me suboxone with my Xanax?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Doctors details.

Detailed Answer:
It will be a bit difficult to guide you in Pittsburg from here. However you can try meeting two of the below mentioned doctors. They may help you in this regard.

1) Dr. XXXXXXX Campopiano
Mercy Hospital
1400 Locust St
Pittsburgh, PA 0000

2) Dr. XXXXXXX Schuster
Allegheny General Hospital
320 E North Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 0000

Hope it works out for you,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy