Was on ritalin for the narcoleosy. Have chronic headaches with Multiple sclerosis. Treatment?

Yes, I have narcolepsy and been on it for 8 yrs. My primary will no longer prescripe it to me, I have had 2 car accidents since I went off of it. Please help. I have MS also and am VERY FATIGUED. I also have had cvhronic (all the time) since1989 and I was on Dilaudid which helped but no longer prescribed

I was on ritalin for the narcoleosy

I have had chronic headaches since1989
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 6 hours later
both the drugs (i.e. Dilaudid & Ritalin) that you were taking are very very controlled medications and are prescribed for very specific indications by the specialists.
Also the combination of narcolepsy and MS is a rare condition. I would suggest you to go back to to your neurologist and get re-evaluated for knowing the current status of both these conditions.
For MS different medications are required. For narcolepsy you may have to consult a sleep specialist.
Also the cause of accidents that you had needs to be clarified. May be it is not safe for you to drive vehicle at the moment.
Just refilling the prescription is not advisable. You should get evaluated by neurologist who will prescribe the required medications.
Hope that answers your query. If there are more queries, I will be happy to answer.
Good luck.