Was on liquid diet for food poisoning. Missed period. Any relation?

i had food poisoning last month for about a week...but i was on liquid diet for almost 15 days. my periods were due on 6th but i havent got them till now. do u think it is due to food poisoning ?
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 37 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Food poisoning does not delay menses.
It must be from some other cause.
Are your cycles regular generally?
Did you have any complications with the poisoning? What food poison was suspected?
Menstruation is controlled by hormonal levels. So, bacterial toxins do not directly it.

You can wait for a few days and if it is still not there, see a gynaec expert.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!

It helps us to improve continuously if you could please write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.
Thank you!!