Veins in hand are hurting. What could be the reason?
User rating for this question
hello im a 31 year old female ive been having these veins on the palms down the inner side of the wrist veins hurting on and off now just today on my left side it is moving upward to the next vein and to me it felt like there was a i.v in my vein and was hurting for a few minutes and now it went away is this something to go to the dr right away or just wait to see what happens next?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: phlebitis.Analgesica and hot fomentation. Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for writing here.Pain in veins seems to be due to inflammation.This is known as phlebitis.It can occur after iv injections or any history of trauma.Take analgesics and antiboitics.Avoid movement of hands as far as possible.Apply ice packs or hot fomentation.Consult do tor if these measures do not relive pain.Hope this will help you.Take care.
People also viewed
- Red streaks on hands what could be the reason
- Treatment and cure for distal tumors
- Stages of body after death
- Treatment and cure for portal fibrosis
- Reason for enlarged veins in hands
- What could be the reason for black spots on hands
- Bruising around incision after surgery
- Treatment and cure for recurrent impetigo
- Vein in right hand hurts
- Cough medicine pill for adults
- Average adult female head circumference
- Shaky hands tremors in hand what could be this
- Treatment and cure for chronic ectopic pregnancy
- Adult sleep systems
- Treatment and cure for hemifacial blepharospasm