Vaginal spotting with bowel movement. Had cryosurgery to remove cervical lesion. Anything serious?

Hi. I am on day 16 of my menstrual cycle. The last few days I have noticed when I have a bowel movement I am spotting vaginally. About a year ago, my doctor performed cryosurgery because I had a cervical lesion so I was wondering if this could have anything to do with this issue. I had my last paper in August 2013 and it was normal so I am thinking it would not be cervical cancer but worry it could still be something serious.
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the suggestions below...

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for sharing your concern.

You are saying that when you have a bowel movement, you are spotting vaginally - I'd like to know if you are really sure about this vaginal spotting. In other words, have you checked properly if it came out of your vagina?

Moreover, I'd like to know if you are having problems with bowel movement (such as constipation-like)?

Next, although you had your last paper on August 2013, if I were your caring doctor, would ask to do a consultation with the OG and redo the pap test to assure it has nothing to do with the lesion.

Vaginal infection could be a reason, for which lab test of vaginal swab is advised. Do not worry, with proper treatment it will go away. However, I'd like to be sure that the lesion is ok.

If you are sexually active, try not to have sex, keep good hygiene of your genitalia, drink plenty of water before the testing.

Hope it answered to your inquiry!

p.s. if you have further concern, please write back to me.

Follow-up: Vaginal spotting with bowel movement. Had cryosurgery to remove cervical lesion. Anything serious? 1 hour later
Yes, I am sure it is vaginal blood. I wiped the vagina and that is when I saw it. the blood was not in the toilet at all only on the tissue. I typically have constipation issues so I more than likely was pushing hard...but I think i always do so i am not sure why all of a sudden this would happen.
I also wonder if possibly my cycle is starting early... this happened to me a few months ago. I was spotting that time as well but I did not notice it after a bowel movement, however the spotting turned into my period starting two weeks early.
I am extremely stressed a lot...and I know my diet is poor so these things also could be contributing factors.
What other symptoms might be present with vaginal infection? Could this also be a symptom of a urinary tract infection? I do get those quite frequently but never have had bleeding associated with them.
Could a lesion or the abnormal cells that caused it come back? Also, after cryosurgery, could this weaken the cervix? Maybe I need the cryosurgery again.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the suggestions below...

Detailed Answer:

You are being worried too much for no major reason. At this point, if I were your caring doctor, I'd suggest:

- wait some more days to assure if you are having your periods (early)

- if no periods, then, do vaginal swab testing, urine analysis to determine infection. If the periods are in, then, after finishing them, please consult an OG to try to stabilize your cycle with the help of pills.

- as long as the august result is normal, then, no need to worry. However, you should keep doing regular check-ups. But, this time, do the vaginal and urine tests first; after the results and therapy can repeat pap test (because pap test cannot be done if a woman has vaginal infection due to infection).

- drink more water as it will alleviate your constipation and infection problems.

- if you cannot eat fiber-rich foods, please take psyllium, and lactulose for at least 2 weeks.

- The most important thing : "RELAX", try to cope with everyday stress. This is the main culprit of your problems : stress can aggravate your bowel function, your infection and precipitate new cervical lesion.

Wish you health!

Follow-up: Vaginal spotting with bowel movement. Had cryosurgery to remove cervical lesion. Anything serious? 2 days later
I went to the doctor about this and saw the physicians assistant. She said that I did not have an infection and that the lesion was still there but it did not bleed to the touch so she did not think it was coming from there. She said if the bleeding is from the lesion then there is nothing they can do for me anyway because I already had the cryosurgery and they will not do that again.
She gave me boric acid pills to insert at night into my vagina because I have also noticed some slight burning in the vagina. I did that last night and will for teh next six days.
I also had a urine culture sent out but have not heard back about a urinary tract infection.
I am getting really scared because today after my bowel movement there was more blood from my vagina and discharge.
Could stress cause this type of bleeding? I am certainly overly stressed in my life. I am worried its going to be the lesion again and there is nothing that can be done for me and I will spot for the rest of my life or that this is cancer.
I am also on a newer medication called Singulair which I have only been taking about a month. I do not think it would cause this but i thought I would mention it.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stress does not cause bleeding,check lesion,care

Detailed Answer:

At this point, wait until you finish the therapy with boric acid. Then repeat the PAP test again and consult a gynecologist.

Apart periods, the cervical lesion could be another factor.

Please bare in mind that although they found a lesion in your cervix, this does not mean that it is a cancer. Moreover, crysurgery is not used for cancerous lesions.

So, try to be calm as it will help more than being stressful.

All the best!