Vaginal US showed empty gestational sac, no bleeding, spells of bad chills and sweating. Chances of pregnancy?

Good morning,

At 6 weeks lmp my doctor conducted a vaginal us and saw an XXXXXXX empty" gestational sac. He said it might be too early or it could be not viable. I got a positive ovulation kit on cd16 so i ovulate a little late in the cycle. I am to return for another scan in 2 weeks. I have no bleeding. Last night i had bad chills and sweating but no fever. Is there still hope?
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 27 minutes later

As you said your ovulation is quite delayed and scan at 6weeks show empty gestational sac in my opinion you should wait for another 2 weeks for a repeat scan to see the fetal pole and cardiac activity (in normal cases at 6 weeks fetal pole and cardiac activity is seen).

You are not having any bleeding that is a positive sign for you and you are already on progesterone support.

This is very sorry to say but the chances are very less in your case but you should wait for another 2 weeks for repeat ultrasonography.

Good luck. Hope for the best.

Hope I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you.

Dr. Richa