Using nuvaring, have cramps and lower back pain, brown bleeding. Should I switch birth control?

I have been on the birth control nuvaring for 2 months now. i received my period on time the first month but was late the second. (which ended about 2weeks ago) i am on the first day of week 3 and am now experiencing slight cramps and a lot of lower back pain. i also had brown blood discharge now followed by a decent amount of blood. im not due to take the ring out for another week. im fairly concerned would you recommend talking to my healthcare provider and switch? are these common side effects or should i be worried?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 19 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Some of the most common side effects usually clear up after two or three months. They include bleeding between periods, breast tenderness, nausea and vomiting. It may cause increased vaginal discharge, vaginal irritation, or infection. Back pain may also some times can occur.
But still i advice you to see health care provider for examination, as i have provided the information based on the information provided by you. . I sincerely hope that helps.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.