Using clingen suppository, period started. Discontinue use?

I have been using clingen suppositories for 4 days, but I just got my period today. Should I continue or discontinue use?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later

During periods, using suppositories will not show much an effect as the blood coming out of vagina will keep on washing off the medicine.

If your problem is severe then you should continue the use; as if not fully you will at least be partially relieved. If you think that the white discharge and itching are mild and they can wait for 2-3 days then it is best to continue the treatment after your period is over.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.