Urine test showed high WBC and abnormal WBC esterase. What does it indicate?

Had blood work. Done. Urine color was XXXXXXX WBC was 6-10 and WBC eat erase was abnormal +1. Pleaseadvise
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 9 hours later
Brief Answer: suggests UTI Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query. Here is the interpretation of your test result. Urine color was XXXXXXX - it is normal. WBC was 6-10 - it is high, suggests urinary infection WBC eat erase was abnormal +1. - is it WBC esterase that you are talking about? If yes, this is abnormal, and again indicates a urinary infection. My suggestion to you would be to get a urine culture done to identify the infecting organism and take necessary antibiotics for the same. Overall, the test report indicates urinary tract infection (UTI) that requires treatment. Hope this helps you. Get well soon. Regards,