Ask a Urologist   »  

Urinary tract infection, urex prescribed. Sudafed the cause of infection ?

can sudafed cause a uti or make is worse?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Follow-up: Urinary tract infection, urex prescribed. Sudafed the cause of infection ? 2 minutes later
also they just gave me a script for urex...i haven't started yet is that an antibiotic?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 38 minutes later
Hi there,

Sudafed is not known to cause or worsen sinus decongestant.

Urex,on the other hand i is a urinary tract antiseptic drug. It acts to prevent bacteria infection.

If you urine test indicates infection,then you will need a course of antibiotic preferably as suggested by urine culture and sensitivity tests.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any additional concerns, I will be available for follow ups